The FacePress II plugin from Alan Knox gives you a simple way to do it. Is there a post you DON’T want added to your Facebook Page Status? No problem!
- Install Twitter Friendly Links plugin and activate. Go to Settings>Twitter Friendly links and check all the boxes under the heading Compatibility. Save.
- Install autofields plugin and activate
- Go to Settings>autofields, choose only Auto Insert Excerpt and save.
- Install FacePress II
- Activate FacePress II
- Go to Settings>FacePress II Admin Options
- Enter your Facebook PROFILE personalized upload email address (NOTE: SKIP TO STEP 5 IF YOU ONLY WANT BLOG UPDATES TO POST TO YOUR PAGE, NOT YOUR PERSONAL PROFILE):
- To find the “personalized upload email address” that Facebook associates with your PROFILE, click Account / Account Settings / Mobile / Go to Facebook Mobile. Look for the section labeled “Upload via Email”. Your profile’s personalized upload email address will be listed in this section.
- Enter Your Facebook PAGE personalized upload email address:
- To find the “personalized upload email address” that Facebook associates with your PAGE, click “Edit Page” under your page’s image. Then click “Edit” in the “Mobile” section. Facebook will then display the personalized upload email address for your page in the “Mobile” section.
- For Post Format, enter: %TITLE% %URL% %EXCERPT%
- Check the “Use Shortened URLs?” box
- Leave everything else as-is, unless you want to manually publish posts to your Facebook status. To force manual publishing, click the box for “Default to NOT publish to facebook:”.
Note: If you create a post that you do NOT want to publish to Facebook, scroll down the post edit page and find FacePress II Post Options and click the box for “Do NOT publish this Post to Facebook:”
That’s It! Thanks, Alan!